How I envy bloggers with outdoor spaces and live-in photographers. I’m about to call it quits on outfit shots until the summer.
How not to take photos:
- Wait for a day when the weather is slightly cloudy. Don’t even think about taking photos if it’s sunny or overcast.
- Wait until between 12:37pm and 2:17pm when the light comes through living room window.
- Move couch away from wall. (First move end table away from couch.)
- Set up ironing board in center of living room. Place camera on table-top tripod. Place tripod on ironing board. Place a small book under one leg of tripod seeing as how tripod is broken and won’t hold camera exactly vertical.
- Set self-timer and stand near bureau, maybe in front of it, Or next to it. Repeat 10 times.
- Download images onto computer. Delete most. Choose least horrible one and adjust size, orientation, lighting, and color. Rename and save.
But I really wanted to show off the lovely 1970s maxi dress that A. got me for Christmas.
He readily admits that he is able to buy me things I actually like due to the “power of Etsy” and the fact that all my ‘favorited’ items are public.
The sleeves are a bit short, but all the bettter for wearing bangles. I love the wine color and the bit of tapestry on the bodice and the back. And, of course, the full sleeves.
I might as well tell you about my co-star, the painted chest of drawers. It's another one of my trash finds.
About 20 years ago, a friend found it on the street outside a store that had gone out of business. It's metal and the drawers are each divided into 6 compartments. It was all scratched up and didn't have a top. I painted it the same color that my woodwork used to be, sort of a light 'raisin' (it looks a bit washed out in the photos in this post). I salvaged a nice piece of birch from the trash where I worked at the time and painted it silver and affixed it to the chest. And painted the drawer handles silver. The interior is quite cavernous and it has served me well.
If anyone has a better way to take photos, please let me know.
Linking up with Lakota's Ta-Dah! Tuesday.
I post more on my Facebook page, so please 'like' it if you haven't already.